Sunday, February 5, 2012

TAST 2012 - Week 4 - Cretan Stitch

Four weeks and I'm still in the game! It's a 52 week stitch-along and I'm having a blast!

At the same time, my husband and I are doing a test-float - spending the month on the boat to see if living aboard is a lifestyle for me (we already know it's for him). The hand stitching is a perfect fit for the boat and we even have a plan for the sewing studio when we take the plunge permanently.

In order to keep from accumulating, I've worked my samples into a single piece that became a postcard. This week, the Cretan stitch sample sort of formed itself. I've always loved how God created the rainbow as a symbol of his promise to all living creatures. As I worked the stitch, I pulled threads and beads in rainbow colors and here's the result:


I sewed the sample onto a card, wrote a note and it's on its way to my Mom, hoping to brighten her day as she has done mine, so many times!

Get Going ... Doing Anything But! The gas lines at Costco were short today. Traffic was light and Home Depot looked like a ghost town. The Super Distraction is to blame, but there are lots of alternatives out there for non-football fans, sewing is just one of them. Read about what they do in Detroit and check out that vintage Kenmore sewing machine!

1 comment: