Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TAST 2012 - Week 3 - Feather Stitch

Done! I've added the feather stitch to the mini crazy quilt that I've been stitching on, finished the work into a fabric postcard and am ready to move onto the Cretan stitch. And, I'm having a lot of fun! 


It's amazing how learning new skills or brushing up on rusty ones has a childlike quality to it. The discovery, the "do-overs", using the imagination - it's all part of the journey. Head on over to Pintangle to see what stitchers all over the world are working on every Tuesday and join in! 

Get Going ... Playing! How do you play? Common wisdom says that "play is the work of a child". Bridging work and play, The Official Site of the Nobel Prize has lots of games and simulations to help all of us understand the achievements of Nobel Laureates. So, go play and learn a bit about astrophysics, immunology or diabetes at the same time!

4 comments:

  1. I especially love your buttonhole stitch, the color was a nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was from an assortment of hand-dyed yarns/threads that I bought from Sharonb about a year ago. They're fun to stitch with, too!

      Delete
  2. Your postcard is beautiful!! I love the look of crazy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I'm really enjoying this challenge!

      Delete