Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TAST 2012 - Week 2 - Buttonhole Stitch

I can't believe that January 2012 is almost half over! I must either be very busy or having a lot of fun - time sure goes quickly! (Actually, both are true!)

It's Week 2 in the Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012 Challenge. This is fun! The Internet is such a great place to find super creative people who are incredibly generous with their time and talents. This is a great example.

I've done the fly stitch and have started working the buttonhole stitch - both are shown below. Such a great antidote for the holiday slowdown that is so often part of January. I'm lovin' it!




Get Going ... Looking! As 2011 came to a close, news sources around the globe posted their pictoral summary of the year. Take a look at the Wall Street Journal's Year in Photos and the incredible array of trials and successes we humans have experienced this year.

6 comments:

  1. a great achievement, well done and thank you for your passage on my blog # http://monparadismestresors.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Sophie! And thank-you for sharing your beautiful work. You really have a wonderful way of showing your stitches!

      Delete
  2. Very Nice Julia. And Thanks for visiting my Blog
    Savitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savitha - my pleasure! I love your flowers. And I love finding the company of such creative people!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is so gorgeous! I love how you've combined colors, and love the lace and the gingham! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Barbara! I spent some quiet moments reading your First Post. You have such an interesting story. I'm looking forward to the TAST as much for the people, I think as for the stitches!

      Delete