Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My first FNSI!

Well, I participated in my first Friday Night Sew-In, sponsored hosted by Heidi and her cousin Bobbi. I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, and I didn't get photos posted to Flickr, but I got off the sofa and I sewed!

Dinner was quickly made and served on paper plates. We were on the boat, so I can take a picture of the sewing space all set-up and ready to go - all in a single shot!


I worked on Simplicity 4136, a collection of Wizard of Oz costumes. My DD needed a Dorothy dress for a holiday office party. She had a blouse already, so the request was just for the apron.

 

I got the bodice done and the skirt - here's a progress shot:




Saturday, she came home and we worked on it together - she used my serger for the first time! Tomorrow is the party, so I should have a picture of the completed costume. 

Get Going ... Voting! You knew there'd be an app for that! Both Android and iPhone users can select an app to help inform them and track results from the 2012 Presidential election here in the US. Like they can't get enough information without going mobile! Ah well, I guess it's a sign of the times. Don't look for me in the download statistics - I'm already on overload!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love the wizard of oz pattern! I found your blog through stitching fingers.blessings.Maisie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, found your blog and your good morning visit at stitching fingers!

    ReplyDelete