Saturday, December 3, 2011

Get going stitchin'!

Nothing gets me going like something new. There's some valuable insight there... Helps explain why I often have trouble finishing projects. I'm working on that, but I'm honest to say that a new project always holds a delightful threat of distraction for me.


That said, I'm looking forward to 2012 with a new project in mind. Actually, it's a challenge more than a project. In any case, it will definitely test my ability to stick with something. The risk of public humiliation aside, I've signed up for Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST) with Sharon Boggon. Sharon is one of the most creative, talented and generous people I've met in the web or any where else.

Trust me, the best way to get to know her is to grab a cuppa (Sharon's expression) and peruse her website, Pintangle (www.Pintangle.com). You might not find her interests to match yours, but you can't help but admire her work.

Anyway, TAST is a year long exercise in embroidery, learning and sharing and I'm psyched! Please visit often to see how I'm doing and to pick up the hoop again, if I get distracted. Join me, encourage me or just follow along as Sharon inspires me to new heights with a needle!

Related links:


Get Going ... Cooking! Dinner on the boat tonight. A little meatloaf, a little portobello and Swiss cheese dip and the best creamed spinach ever! Super simple to make, delicious and perfect for low-carb appetites! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment