Monday, December 5, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

Well. In addition to the sparkly attraction of a new project, I love to join in the fun. I may be slow to join in, waddling around in the dark for a bit longer than others, but once awareness has set in - I'm there!

This week, I'll participate in my first Friday Night Sew-In (FNSI), hosted by Heidi and her cousin Bobbi.

Handmade by Heidi

I never lack for things to do in my sewing room and that's never more true than during this time of year. Heidi offers some advice for a successful FNSI that will help me decide how I'll dedicate the time. Her advice, paraphrased for my life will be my action plan for the remainder of the week:
Plan ahead – have a plan in place.

Cut fabrics ahead of time.

Use plastic bins or boxes to separate your projects. This I already do!

Dinner - make a quick meal use paper plates for easy clean up, give DH a kiss, then ... get busy.

Bribes.. No need for bribes - DH is super supportive and has enough stuff on my "honey-do" list that he won't resist. He wouldn't anyway!

Work? Come home, get comfy and … Get Going Sewing!
This is going to be fun!

Get Going ... Screaming? Seems like, in addition to having many, many things to do, this time of year also tends to bring us into more frequent contact with the tantrum. Like most things, this behavior has fallen under the scrutiny of science. Can you imagine hoping your workday has some good tantrums in it? (If that's your reality, I sincerely sympathize!) If you'd like to know more about how to interpret the tantrum - here's a piece for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment